Pegasus provides legal representation to families seeking to enforce their children’s right to a free, appropriate, and meaningful education, focusing on the needs of children with disabilities. Pegasus also works with child protective services and the judiciary to ensure that the educational needs of children in foster care are met.

For help with an education-related matter, call Pegasus at (505) 244-1101. You will be scheduled for a telephone call with a lawyer or advocate who will gather preliminary information about your case to determine whether we can help. If Pegasus cannot take your case, we will do our best to refer you to another lawyer or agency that can. Please be patient, as the need for these services far exceeds the resources available.

Are you living away from your parents and wanting to enroll in school?

You can do that. Information on the rights of unaccompanied youth to access education can be found here.

Unaccompanied youth have special rights to access education under the federal McKinney-Vento Act.

Help us reach more children in need of legal services

$10.00 a week
($520 per year)

provides the funds for an attorney to provide full legal representation in an uncontested guardianship case.