Kinship Guardianship is a legal relationship that is established between a minor child an an adult who is caring for that child. Only a Court can grant Guardianship to a non-parent. Click Here for Additional Information. Pegasus helps grandparents and other people raising children whose parents are unable or unwilling to provide them with proper care. If you need help or have questions about kinship guardianship of a child, call the Guardianship Helpline at (505) 217-1660 or 1-833-355-6944. We will determine whether your case is appropriate for our services. Se habla espanol. The Guardianship Legal Helpline offers: information, advice, and referrals for direct legal representation. If a parent wants you to be able to take their child to the doctor or make school decisions for their child you may use a Power of Attorney. If you are unable to find a parent but need to have documentation stating you take care for the child in order to take the child to the doctor or make school decisions for a child you may use a Caregiver’s Authorization Affidavit. If you want to represent yourself you may access the New Mexico Supreme Court forms here. Most applicable forms can be found under “District Court Forms” > “Domestic Relations” > “Kinship Guardianship”.   Want to learn more? See our Kinship Guardianship Presentation here (last updated April 2020). DISCLAIMER: This website is provided for informational purposes only. Nothing on this website shall be construed as legal advice nor does the information provided constitute the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. We take no responsibility for errors.